The First 90 Days
Your guide to crushing your new role, the first 90 days. Key points that I took away from the book (y'all know, I LOVE lists):
Leading Former Peers:
1. Accept that relationships must change
2. Focus on early rites of passage
3. Re-enlist your (good) former peers
4. Establish your authority deftly
5. Focus on what's good for the business
How would others answer the following about you?
1. Do you have insight and steadiness to make tough decisions?
2. Do you have values that they relate to, admire and want to emulate?
3. Do you have the right kind of energy?
4. Do you demand high levels of performance from yourself and others?
Personal Credibility is built on...
- being demanding but able to be satisfied
- accessible but not too familiar
- decisive but judicious
- focused but flexible
- active without causing commotion
- willing to make tough calls, but humanely
Leave a Reply.
I run a Little Free Library and love to share what i'm reading.