Throw back to a book that has carried meaning throughout my career on work / life balance, Juggling Elephants.
If you're struggling, I recommend you pick up this book. It's a quick read told in story form about a man who visits the circus. He asks the ring master, what is the key?
Viewing your life as three rings, there's the work ring, the relationship ring and the self ring. You can't jump from ring to ring when convenient and expect to have lasting, fulfilling success.
What if you strategically planned your life like a ring master would, with a plan?
1. You cannot be in all three rings at the same time
2. The ringmaster always reviews the next act before bringing it into the ring (i'd also add here, reviewing the last act is important).
3. The key to success is having quality acts in all three rings
4. Figure out what ring you need to be in RIGHT NOW, at this moment.
5. Decide what acts you should be focusing on right now.
"I have to give my full attention to the ring I am in and when it's time, I must move on to the other ring as quickly as possible"
There are SO many other great topics in this book, please if this interests you - pick this book up!
Leave a Reply.
I run a Little Free Library and love to share what i'm reading.